3 Effective Anti-Aging Beauty Tips That You Have to Know About
Everyone wants to have that promised eternal youth from mother nature. To have the skin that is blemish-free with no signs of aging is everyone’s dream. The skincare industry burns the midnight oil to come up with innovations that help you attain that youthful look no matter what your real age is. With so many products in the market, it becomes difficult to choose the ones you really need.
What we are going to do today is to give you the top three tips that will be your guide in the maze called skincare for anti-aging.
The Trinity of Tips
When it comes to tips for a youthful skin that radiates health, from experts to enthusiasts, everyone has something to say. In today’s world where time is short and we have our day already full, time for beauty routine needs to be squeezed in between work deadlines and caring for the home. But there is good news. You need not get confounded with the sheer abundance of tips that come your way. Only three beauty tips would suffice for a flawless skin that doesn’t give out your age.
Top Tip #1: Invest in retinol
Photo by Andrii
No matter what your skincare issue is- the answer is retinol. Fine lines, wrinkles, dark circles, dryness, acne, regardless of what you add to the list, the answer remains the same. It is one skincare ingredient that has the experts unanimously agree on.
Retinol is unadulterated vitamin A that juggles many a task in one go. It improves your skin tone substantially and refines, and smoothens the surface of your skin as well.
Ever wondered why your skin looks soft, smooth, and firm? And why it loses its elasticity over time? Time to take a crash course in collagen. Proteins play a major role in the health of your skin including the way it looks. Collagen is the commonest form of protein found in your body.
The production of collagen has a two-fold impact on your body. One, it helps in the repair and regeneration of the skin cells. Two, it maintains the elasticity and moisture of the skin. Both these result in your skin looking firm and nimble. With time the pace of your body slows down and the production of this magical ingredient drops substantially. This drop results in the appearance of common signs of aging- fine lines, wrinkles, and stiffness in the joints.
The best way to delay signs of aging is to use retinol. Use of retinol unleashes a series of changes in your body- boosts the production of collagen and elastin and increases the skin cell turnover. All this results in your skin looking blemish-free and without wrinkles.
- Suitable for all skin types: oily, normal, or sensitive, retinol is suitable for all skin types. However, with sensitive skin, it may result in dryness and inflammation. It is thus recommended that you use a moisturiser to lock in the product.
- Gradual introduction: Application of retinol has a few side effects like redness, drying, and flaking of the skin that deters customers from using it. A gradual introduction of retinol to build up the tolerance level of your skin. A pea-sized amount only at nighttime should do the trick. It is best to wait for 30 minutes before applying any other skincare product.
- Take a retinol break- Even your skincare hero needs a break. Experts recommend a three month retinol holiday after three months of using it. This is so because cell turnover stops after three months of retinol use.
Retinol is considered a benchmark in anti-aging treatments. However, in formulation, retinol is unstable and also causes irritation to the skin. Vit-A-Like has been developed as an alternative to retinol, with proven effects similar to retinol and equivalent performance, but with the added benefit of improved tolerance and better stability. Vit-a-like promotes keratinisation and improves collagen synthesis, causing reduction in wrinkles and fine lines. It is made from natural ingredients and is well tolerated by the skin.
elline’s ‘Treasure of Youth’ collection is committed to providing the promise of purity to your skin while being gentle on your skin. The collection boats of anti- aging products with Vit-A-Like that enhance your collagen levels leaving your skin smooth, taut and full of a youthful glow.
Retinol is the panacea for all skincare issues and it’s never too early to start using it.
Top Tip #2: Exfoliate Weekly
Photo by Karolina Grabowska on pexels
Your skin, the largest organ, and the first line of defense is its own doctor. It repairs itself to make you look fresh and young. Dead cells accumulate on your skin and every 28 days your skin sheds this layer exposing a new rejuvenated one. This process slows down as you celebrate more birthdays making your skin dull and lifeless. With the dead skin still on your face its easier for the impurities to stick on making it look even duller and aggravates the acne situation.
Exfoliation is a process that removes the dead skin cells from your face and reveals a new layer that is fresher and younger-looking. Exfoliation has two other important benefits. It improves blood circulation and stimulates skin turn-rover. With a new layer of skin, your skincare products also get absorbed effectively delivering what they have promised.
Exfoliation is needed but over-exfoliation leads to the removal of the protective barrier of your skin resulting in redness, rashes, skin blotches, etc. The recommended duration is a weekly exfoliation ritual to be included in your skincare routine.
Mechanical and chemical are two kinds of exfoliation processes. Each skin type needs a specific process.
- Dry skin: If you have dry skin, avoid mechanical exfoliation, and follow the process with moisturiser to prevent dryness.
- Sensitive skin: People with sensitive skin should avoid mechanical exfoliation as it leads to irritation and redness of the skin. Use a mild exfoliator and gentle circular movements as opposed to scrubbing your face.
- Oily skin: Mechanical exfoliation is best suited for people with oily skin as it is able to remove the excess buildup on the surface.
Top Tip #3: Never underestimate the power of sunscreen
Photo by Retha Ferguson on Pexels
In the crowd of toners, moisturisers, cleansers, serums etc, sunscreen stands out as the most important product in your skincare routine that gives the care it deserves.
We know that the sun rays are a natural source of vitamin D but did you know that exposure to the sun is harmful to your skin? The UV rays of the sun harm your skin in many ways. Discolouration, appearance of dark spots, leathery, and sagging skin are some of the more visible dangers of exposure to UV rays.
The use of sunscreen comes with many benefits. The UV rays damage the elastin which is responsible for the firmness of the skin. Constant damage results in your skin losing its elasticity over time and starts to wrinkle. Sunscreen acts as a shield between the UV rays and your skin thus helping it to remain supple and fresh. Consistent use of sunscreen also protects the essential proteins of your body that are responsible for your overall health.
Just like there is no one type of skin, there isn’t one type of sunscreen. There is a diversity of sunscreens in the market and you should pick the one that suits you the best.
- Sensitive skin: If you have sensitive skin, opt for a mineral-based sunscreen as they are gentler. In case your skin is allergic to fragrance use a fragrance-free one. Lastly avoid sunscreen that is laden with irritants like dyes, parabens, and lanolin.
- Dry skin: In case of dry skin use a sunscreen that doubles up as a moisturiser. This will help in moisture retention. Further, opt for a sunscreen that maintains the level of hydration needed by your skin.
Consistent and correct use of sunscreen is the biggest favour you would do to your skin.
Not all heroes wear capes, some come in bottles and tubes as well. Investing in retinol, a weekly exfoliation routine and correct and consistent use of sunscreen will do a world of good for your skin. There are as many sunscreens and exfoliators as there are skin types. Pick the one that is most suited for your skin type for the best results.
Follow these top three anti-aging tips for a skin that has a glow of youth.