Anti-Aging Health Tips - How to Look Younger
Using the right skincare product to look youthful and resplendent is only half the battle won. The other half that compliments the beauty products is healthy habits. No matter what skincare products you use, you will never get the desired result if it’s not accompanied by the adoption of healthy lifestyle choices.
The food you consume, the habits you have, and the way you treat your body, all go in to create a neat little package called “ lifestyle” choices”. These choices have a very important role in making us look and feel younger.
Today we are going to talk about the healthy habits that you should adopt to make your skin look vibrant with the vigor of youth not just from the outside but from within.
Love the right food
Photo by alleksana on Pexels
The way to a man’s heart ( and also a woman’s heart) is through their stomach. Food is not only important to keep your tummy happy, but the right kind of food also makes you radiate with happiness .
What you eat determines your health and your health determines how youthful you look. It is therefore very important to watch what put in your mouth. For what goes in reflects on your face.
- Pack your days with vitamins: Vitamin C and E are a dream team that you should have on your side if you want to win the race against aging. Vitamin C heals the blemishes on your skin and gives back its lost radiance. It is also needed to increase the production of collagen, the most abundantly found protein in your body. It is collagen that is responsible for making your skin look nimble and firm. Go reach out for those yummy blackberries, guava. oranges, papaya, and strawberries to give your body the vitamin it needs. Food items high in vitamin E help in the growth of healthy skin. Almonds, avocado, pine nuts are all rich in vitamin E. Eat them and see your skin reap the dividends.
- Include selenium in your diet: Antioxidants protect your skin from free radicals that can damage it and fasten the pace of aging. Selenium is packed with antioxidants. Studies have established the link between a selenium-rich diet and a reduction in age spots. Make broccoli, tomatoes, eggs, and wheatgerm a part of your diet for your dose of selenium.
- Water your skin: Water is perhaps the most emphasised upon food item when it comes to skincare and anti-aging and rightly so. Your body needs water to bloom just like the plants in your garden. Your skin has a level of moisture that it needs to maintain to function optimally. Dehydration, even a mild form, makes your skin look tired and dry. Keep your skin hydrated at all times. All fluids count but in the hierarchy of fluids, water has the supreme position. Remember to drink 6-8 glasses of water a day to give the moisture your skin needs to function optimally. Avoid caffeine and alcohol as both these cause dehydration.
- Fats are healthy: There are bad fats yes, but there are good fats too. Food like nuts, avocado, oily fish contains monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats that have essential fatty acids which are natural moisturisers for your skin keeping it lithe. Omega 3 and Omega 6 are essential fatty acids that your body needs but can’t produce. Omega 3 has anti-inflammatory properties which help in calming the skin conditions like eczema.
Looking good begins with good nutrition so eat your way through a younger looking flawless skin.
Keep yourself fit
Photo by Orest Sv on Pexels
It’s not just flawless skin that comes to mind when we think of youth. An energetic body, an alert mind, and an athletic look are all the images that flood our mind when the word young is uttered.
The powers of a regular fitness routine are varied. Everyone knows how exercise tones up your body, makes your muscle stronger, and fights off obesity. But there is yet another hidden benefit that needs to be made public now. Regular exercise, even a moderate one, takes years off your face. You not only look younger but the energy levels that go up thanks to your regular fitness routine make you feel younger too.
- Let the agility come back: Aging makes your body feel rusted. The joints ache and muscles become more fixed. How nice would it be to get your agile self back again! Guess what? You actually can retain your pliability by doing regular workouts.
- Increase your metabolism: Oh how you wished that the calories disappeared on their own like they did when you were a teenager. Unfortunately, the slow down of metabolism is a bitter truth that we have to accept. But there is a way out. Incorporating a moderate amount of exercise in your daily routine will help you burn calories. More muscles mean there is a higher calorie burn. Consult your trainer to choose the most appropriate fitness regime for yourself.
- Turn the clock back: The ends of your chromosomes are capped by telomeres. Telomeres control aging. The length of telomeres determines your longevity. Research has now suggested that regular exercise may aid the lengthening of the telomeres. That means that regular exercise slows down your aging process making you actually look younger than your chronological age.
- Make stress disappear: Stress is an invisible enemy of youth. If you are under stress it manifests on your face in the form of fine lines, puffy eyes, crow’s feet, etc. Regular exercise produces endorphins that help in reducing anxiety and stress.
Start exercising your way for a younger-looking you now!
Bid adieu to stress
Photo by Energepiccom on Pexels
A calm and relaxed mind is indeed a happier space to be. Stress impacts your health in many different ways. However, what is never told is that stress directly impacts the health of your skin too. Cortisol is a substance that your skin produces when it is under stress which leads to a lot of unwanted reactions including dry and flaky skin, flaring up of skin and breaking into acne, puffy eyes, and grooved nails.
You need to learn to manage stress for a beautiful body that glows with happiness. Spending time with self and loved ones, learning to manage time, meditating to keep your mind peaceful are all tips that will greatly minimise your stress levels.
We often ignore long term solutions for quick fixes. For a sustained impact, we need to adopt a holistic approach. Healthy and beautiful skin resides in a healthy body. For a healthy body it’s important that you eat the right food, keep it fit by regular exercise, and minimise your stress levels by practicing meditation.