The Tips the Beginners Swear By for Anti- Aging
Aging, like time, cannot be stopped. It is inevitable, those fine lines, wrinkles, and crow feet. But can aging be delayed? Yes of course. With the desire to look young people want to delay the onset of those wrinkles that are considered a sign of wisdom. Your skin is as alive as you are, it changes all the time. Making timely changes to your skincare routine would ensure a healthy, youthful skin.
If you are a beginner to the anti-aging care, your head might spin with the sheer amount of information available at your disposal. Look no further. Today the blog is all about you, the beginners. Let us dig into the best tips for the beginners for anti-aging.
1. Say no to Mr. Sun
Photo by Lidia Costea at Pexels
At the risk of repeating, exposure to UV rays is harmful to your skin. From discoloration, age spots and skin cancer UV rays play havoc with your skin. If you have spotted early signs of aging, it’s time for you to switch your spray and alcohol-based sunscreen to more moisturizer based one. Antioxidants are like the bulletproof jacket for the collagen, Use a sunscreen that has antioxidants in them and keep the sun away from your skin.
2. Exfoliate your skin.
Your skin self-repairs itself. It sheds dead skin regularly and creates a new layer every 28 days. With time, the process slows down making your skin look dull and bereft of life. Exfoliation of your skin is the way to rejuvenate it. Always use gentle, circular motion never aggressive and rigorous ones Exfoliate but not too much. A weekly routine is just perfect for your skin.
3. Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize
As you advance in age, the oil glands in your skin slack resulting in visible signs of aging like fine lines and wrinkles. It is recommended that you nourish your skin with moisturizer. It helps catch water against the skin and re-hydrate it. Remember the three-minute rule. Apply moisturizer within three minutes of your shower before the water or the moisturizer does a disappearing act. Moisturizer is a potent weapon for beginners against anti-aging.
4. Choose the right face wash
Your skin loses its oils as time passes and becomes more sensitive. Wash your face before you crash for the day. This will do wonders for your skin. As for exfoliation, it is true for the face wash also. Use gentle circular movements when applying the face wash. A face-wash that is gentler on your skin and does not rob you of the moisture should be your priority.
5. Retinoids love your skin
Collagen is that prized protein in your skin that keeps your skin supple and lifted. As time goes, your skin loses collagen. With this appear fold, wrinkles & fine lines making your skin appear creased. Retinoid, a prescription-strength version is an answer to your prayers for smoother skin. If you have to invest in just one anti-aging product, make retinoid that product.
6. Be on supplements
The first few fine lines or that first wrinkle may be a sign that you need to add supplements to your diet. Your body is both a production unit and a storehouse of some vitamins and fats that keep your skin glowing. With time the production house slows down and so does the storehouse. Add B12 to your list of supplements to keep your immune system robust and your skin healthy. Omega-3s, largely found in seafood like salmon, are known to prevent wrinkles and maintain the moisture content of your skin. If you are a vegan or don’t eat fish, consider switching to flaxseed and fish oil supplement to keep your skin looking supple and moist. Talk to your dermatologist before starting with any supplement.
7. Eat Well
Photo by Ella Olsson on Pexels
Remember when your parents insisted that you finished that broccoli or brussels sprouts on your plate? Guess what? They were right. Eating right is the first step towards fighting the first signs of aging. Let us breakdown the dos and don’ts of eating for you:
- Rollback on sugar: Obesity and diabetes are not the only things sugar is responsible for, it hastens aging by greater production of advanced glycation (bonding of sugar molecules to a protein). The process of skin aging hastens when your bloodstream has excess sugar floating in the bloodstream and causes glycation. Give your sweet tooth the much-deserved rest and see the change happening.
- Limit your alcohol intake: While a glass of wine or a chilled beer while enjoying the lazy holiday on the beach is just fine, excess consumption of alcohol not only affects your liver but dehydrates your body as well.
- Pack your day with proteins: Collagen is a protein that is plentiful in your body and is responsible for healthy-looking skin. Fill your day with legumes, lean meat, fish, beans that are rich in protein and would make your collagen stronger.
- H2O all the way: Drink away as much water as you can and keep your self-hydrated. H2O will balance the moisture content and elasticity of your skin. The greater the elasticity, the lesser the wrinkles.
Photo by Snapwire on Pexels
- Don’t forget vitamin C: Not just your teeth but your skin also loves vitamin C. It’s a powerful antioxidant that neutralises free radicals and helps your body regenerate and repair damages. Leafy greens like spinach and cabbage, broccoli, citrus foods like tomatoes and oranges are rich in vitamin C. Make them a part of your diet and feel the difference.
8. Visit your dermatologist regularly.
Incorporate regular visits to your dermatologist and thank us later. These visits would help you understand your skin and the anti-aging process it’s undergoing right at the start.
Aging is a natural process that can be delayed by following simple tips. Remember what you eat shows on your skin. Eating well is the first step for a beautiful looking skin. Locking in the moisture content of your skin by using a moisturizer, protecting your skin from the harmful UV rays, a simple skincare routine and visiting your dermatologist regularly would go a long way in making you look youthful.
Why think of expensive treatments when skincare is in your hands. All you have to do is follow the best tips for the beginners for anti-aging given above and arrest the time right there.